[Wetlandscommittee] Wetlands Meeting Actions September 2019 [EXT]

Dr S.T.Trudgill stt21 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 16:06:21 BST 2019

Thanks Lorraine

Can I offer this rewrite of 1.1. which now includes the correction of
couple of errors, (its Graham Fagg as Chair not Stagg), clarifications
and updates since we met. I'd be pleased if you could replace this (as
attached Word document and below) in the minutes.
Thanks
Steve

As all aware, sadly Willy Brown had passed away and two councillors
resigned from the Hinxton Parish Council.  Ceri Williams, Sam Nichols
and Rupert Kirkby have been proposed to fill these vacancies [update:
and have now been elected] to Hinxton Parish Council.  ST will be
retiring in May 2020 but would still like to attend the Wetlands meeting
ex-officio (see also 1.2., below).  Graham Fagg will Chair the Parish
Council and Dick Jones will continue on the Parish Council for the time
being. Continuity Planning will include Weir Management at the Mill to
control water levels, (submitted as a Section 106 request but so far
rejected by Wellcome as it was not a direct consequence of the
planning). Further 106 request now submitted includes new Village Hall
and recreation facilities and wildlife areas (see also 8.2., below) as
well as traffic mitigation.

For the new agreement on footpaths and access drawn up after the
installation of the new iron bridge, it initially appeared that Hinxton
Parish Council could have a contingent liability for repairs but a
re-drafted agreement has now been received which states clearly that
this is not the case and the Bidwells/Wellcome will cover repairs and
maintenance due to deterioration.

For the wooden bridge near the Hinxton-Ickleton level crossing, a new
new path has been created from the north end of the bridge to the level
crossing so that when that bridge deteriorates it can be removed without
loss of access to the footpath network.

---
Dr. Steve Trudgill
Emeritus Fellow Robinson College