[Decipher-announce] DECIPHER April 2009 newsletter

Paul Bevan ab6 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Apr 24 17:13:01 BST 2009

Greetings from Cambridge where Spring is in full swing with lots of blossom on the trees and occasional sunny days to lift the spirits.

DECIPHER v.4 (base-pair)
========================
The DECIPHER team has been hard at work on the new release and we hope you are now seeing some of the benefits and finding data entry easier.  We would welcome your feedback about this version of DECIPHER as we are committed to a programme of continuous improvement.

DECIPHER paper
==============
A paper outlining the DECIPHER database and its clinical/research applications was published in the American Journal of Human Genetics earlier this month:

DECIPHER: Database of Chromosomal Imbalance and Phenotype in Humans Using Ensembl Resources. Firth HV, Richards SM, Bevan AP, Clayton S, Corpas M, Rajan D, Van Vooren S, Moreau Y, Pettett RM, Carter NP. Am J Hum Genet. 2009 Apr;84(4):524-33.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19344873
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajhg.2009.03.010

Important dates for your 2009 Diary
- DECIPHER Symposium May 20th-22nd 2009.  We look forward to welcoming you to Hinxton for our annual symposium in the late Spring.
- Genomic Disorders 2010 - Provisional dates for 2010 are Wednesday March 24th-Friday March 26th.

With best wishes from the DECIPHER team

Contact email: decipher at sanger.ac.uk