[Decipher-announce] DECIPHER October 2008 newsletter

Paul Bevan ab6 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 10:40:26 BST 2008

Greetings from Cambridge where we have been enjoying some lovely
seasonal weather with golden autumn sunshine, beautiful autumn colours
on the trees and swirling mists in the early mornings.

Contents:-
1) New Centres
2) Refactoring
3) MREC Approval
4) Genomic Disorders

New Centres
===========
We are pleased to welcome
- The Institute for Human Genetics, University of Bonn, Germany and
- The Clinical Genetics clinic at the Cyprus Institute for Neurology & Genetics,
  Nicosia, Cyprus

to the DECIPHER Consortium, together with all of the other centres that have
recently joined the project. DECIPHER now has more than 100 participating
centres worldwide.

Refactoring
===========
The refactored code is now on our development website and is entering
final testing.  Refactoring of code allows us to add new features much
more easily and quickly so we can respond to new feature requests from
DECIPHER members.

MREC Approval - UK Centres
==========================
To remind UK Centres - DECIPHER has MREC approval (04/MRE5/50) as a
multi-site study with no local investigators until Nov 2014.

This means that UK centres do not require local REC approval, but local
research collaborators must obtain management approval from the relevant
host organisation (eg.  Trust R&D office) before commencing any research
procedures.  Most centres have already obtained the appropriate approval,
but if this process has not been completed in your centre, please ensure
that you comply with this request.

Genomic Disorders
The dates for next year's meeting will be March 9th-11th 2009,
so please pencil these in your diary now.

With best wishes from the DECIPHER team

Contact email: decipher at sanger.ac.uk