[Decipher-announce] DECIPHER October 2007 newsletter

Paul Bevan ab6 at sanger.ac.uk
Wed Oct 31 14:43:33 GMT 2007

Greetings from Cambridge where we are enjoying a lovely late autumn with
crisp clear days and beautiful colours on the trees.

Contents:-
1) Decipher Research Array study
2) Refactoring of the DECIPHER codebase
3) Dates for your 2008 diary

Decipher Research Array study
=============================

>From mid November there will be a new opportunity for centres to submit
selected cases for analysis on high resolution arrays in Dr Nigel Carter's
laboratory at the Sanger Institute as part of the DECIPHER Research array
study. For further details please see the link through to the DECIPHER
Array portal on the home-page where you can access the patient information
sheet, consent form and study checklist.

http://www.sanger.ac.uk/PostGenomics/decipher/documents/

Refactoring of the DECIPHER codebase
====================================

Behind the scenes the programming team are busy refactoring the database
to improve the speed and usability of DECIPHER. We hope you will notice
improvements in speed of page returns and general usability. If you have
any comments or suggestions, please contact us at decipher at sanger.ac.uk

Dates for your 2008 diary
=========================

Please note two important dates for 2008 in next year's diary:

i) Genomic Disorders 2008, Hinxton - late afternoon of Monday March 17th -
late afternoon of Wednesday March 19th 2008. The 2007 Genomic Disorders
conference was a great success. This is such a rapidly developing field
that the 2008 conference promises to be even better.

ii) 4th DECIPHER Symposium, Hinxton - late afternoon Wednesday 14th May to
late afternoon Friday 16th May 2008. We look forward to welcoming friends
old and new to Hinxton for the fourth annual symposium of the DECIPHER
project.

With best wishes from the DECIPHER development team.

Contact email: decipher at sanger.ac.uk