[Decipher-announce] DECIPHER April 2006 newsletter

Paul Bevan ab6 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Apr 21 17:19:03 BST 2006

Greetings from Cambridge where some sunny days and daffodils are giving us
our first taste of Spring.

1) Human genome assembly - Ensembl v38 is now based on the NCBI 36
    assembly. About half the human chromosomes show some sequence change:
    1-4, 6, 7, 9. 10. 12, 22 and both X and Y. The new Ensembl genebuild includes
    additional known and novel genes but fewer pseudogenes. DECIPHER
    interacts with the newest version of the map, so that each time you interrogate
    DECIPHER to produce a patient report, it will be automatically updated
    to the most current version of the assembly.

2) DECIPHER Symposium June 18th-20th 2006 - Final arrangements are being
    made for our 2006 Symposium. We look forward to seeing many of you there.

3) Data on close to 500 patients is now in DECIPHER - A counter for
    the number of patient entries is available at the bottom right hand
    corner of the home-page. This figure is currently 446. We are hoping
    to reach 500 by the time of the Symposium in June.

4) New contributing centre - Emory University School of Medicine,
    Atlanta, USA.

5) New syndrome entry - Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease, expert reviewer Dr
    Ken Inoue, Tokyo, Japan
    https://enigma.sanger.ac.uk/perl/PostGenomics/decipher/manager?action=syndromes;syndrome_id=38

On behalf of the DECIPHER team
http://decipher.sanger.ac.uk/

  Paul Bevan
  The Morgan Building,   Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs, CB10 1HH
  Tel  +44 (0)1223 496952        Fax  +44 (0)1223 496802
  Email paul at sanger.ac.uk        http://www.sanger.ac.uk