[Decipher-announce] DECIPHER December 2005 update

Paul Bevan ab6 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Dec 2 10:24:47 GMT 2005

We send our warmest greetings to all DECIPHER members and hope you will
all have a very Happy Christmas and New Year! November has been a busy
month for DECIPHER. Behind the scenes, our web-team, Roger, Paul and Shola
have been working hard to improve the stability and response time of
DECIPHER. We welcome your feedback and would be grateful to know if you
have noticed improvements in access/availability and speed of use.

1. New developments:

   a) New syndromes - Williams-Beuren reciprocal duplication syndrome and
      2q37 monosomy. Please let us know if we are `missing' any known
      syndrome entries which you would like to see included in DECIPHER.
      Please send an e-mail to decipher at sanger.ac.uk with your suggestions.

   b) New centres - Guy's Hospital, London, UK

   c) New array types - 100k Affymetrix SNP array - please let us know if
      you encounter any difficulties with genomic data entry, or need a new
      array type `mapped' into DECIPHER to facilitate data entry

2. DECIPHER Tips:

   a) Red e! cytoview button - If you have consent, clicking on the red e!
      cytoview button in the patient  report will enable you to see your
      own patient data in its genomic context within Ensembl, alongside the
      Toronto polymorphism and segmental duplication tracks.

   b) Printing DECIPHER reports - If you want to print a report for the
      patient notes including phenotype terms and gene lists, click on
      `Customised Report'. If you want to print the karyotype and ideogram
      for use in a consultation with a patient, click on `Family Report'.

   c) E-mail us at decipher at sanger.ac.uk if you encounter any problems with
      data entry - we are always happy to help out

3. The 2nd DECIPHER Symposium, Hinxton, June 18th - 20th 2006

    Please make sure you have these dates penciled into your 2006 diary. We
    are looking forward to seeing many of you at the Symposium next summer.
    As before, the Symposium will be by invitation only, but we will
    endeavour to include all active and new centres.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

  Paul Bevan
  The Morgan Building,   Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
  Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs, CB10 1HH
  Tel  +44 (0)1223 496952        Fax  +44 (0)1223 496802
  Email paul at sanger.ac.uk        http://www.sanger.ac.uk